Xiaomi has released a new teaser on Weibo that reveals nearly all the upcoming Mi Band 5 features. It is set to launch in China on June 11.
Mi Band 5 features
- It will have a 1.2-inch OLED display i.e. 20% larger than Mi Band 4.
- It will have a magnetic charger that will allow users to charge it without having to separate the tracker.
- It will have a remote camera control functionality.
- It will have a women’s health tracking.
- It will have a 11 professional sports modes.
- It will have an upgraded sensor but it doesn’t specify which ones exactly. It could be the heart rate sensor.
- There is no mention of Alexa’s support in the Band.
- It will be available in four colors – red, black, green, and yellow.
The Mi Band 5 will feature a 20% larger OLED display than Mi Band 4 which was quite small and was flanked on both sides by thick bezels.
The major upgrades will be magnetic charging. Mi Band users have had to remove the pill-shaped tracker from its band to charge the device. But now, Xiaomi is finally adding magnetic charging to the Mi Band 5. It will have a magnetic charger that will allow users to charge it without having to separate the tracker.
The Mi Band 5 will also offer upgraded sensors, women’s health tracking, eleven professional sports modes, NFC support, and remote camera control functionality. Although it doesn’t specify which sensor exactly, the teaser image tells us it could be the heart rate sensor. The company also claims that it’s bringing upgrades for sleep, stress, and respiratory health tracking.
However, it remains to be seen if the global variant of the fitness band will come with NFC support. There is no mention of Alexa’s support or reserved only for the global version of the Mi Band 5.
Those were all the new Mi Band 5 features that Xiaomi revealed.