Instagram is one of the emerging social media platforms after Facebook and WhatsApp where people share photographs. It’s a good platform for people who are as a profession in photography, designing, artwork, etc.
Have you ever thought “How to post on Instagram from Mac or PC?” And it is really annoying that after editing your photos in a PC, you have to sync with a Mobile and upload from there. And Instagram officially doesn’t have any option to upload media(picture or video) directly from a PC either. But hang on actually there are a few ways which would allow you to upload media to your Instagram directly from PC using just your browser. Let’s find out how?
How to post on Instagram from Mac or PC?
Well, the trick goes like changing the “User-Agent” – It is an agent which tells what kind of device you are using. We will modify the User-Agent and force Instagram to open its mobile version on our PC so that we get the Plus button () to upload our media.
Post on Instagram from Apple Safari:
- Open Safari, then go to Safari Preferences from the menu bar
- In Safari Preferences, go to Advanced tab and enable “Show Develop menu in menu bar”.
- Now, go to www.instagram.com
- Go to the Develop menu in the menu bar > User-Agent > iPhone or whatever you want
- After changing the User-Agent, the page will automatically refresh and you will get the icon ‘ ‘. Now you can upload whatever you want from your Mac.
Post on Instagram using Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome > go to www.instagram.com
- Right Click on the page > Select Inspect use shortcut Ctrl+Shift+I
- Then find the toggle device toolbar icon() from the Inspect window appearing at the top right and click on it to enable or use shortcut Ctrl+Shift+M
- Select any device from the device toolbar then refresh the page.
- Now the ‘‘ icon will appear and now you can upload your media.
Note: don’t exit the mode until you are done.
Post on Instagram using Mozilla Firefox:
It’s same as the Google Chrome process
- Open Instagram > Right Click > Inspect Element
- Enable Responsive Desing Mode by clicking on () icon or use Ctrl+Shift+M
- Select a device from the Above Device toolbar > Reload the Page
- Now the ‘‘ button will appear. Upload your Media.
Exit all windows and refresh the page to get back to the desktop version
Now you know that you can upload media to your Instagram from a Laptop or PC using your browser.
You May Also Like:
- How to Add Bots to Your Discord Server
- How to Install WordPress on Server and Localhost
- How to watch Live TV for free on both PC & TV?