How to post on Instagram from Mac or PC? Instagram is one of the emerging social media platforms after Facebook and WhatsApp where people share photographs. Its a good platform for people who are as a profession in photography, designing, artwork, etc. because it lets them share their piece of work with the rest of the world. Since Instagram focuses on media it is the real beauty of it.
But some times you might have thought how can you upload a media to Instagram from a PC or Mac. And it is really annoying that after editing your photos in a PC, you have to sync with a Mobile and upload from there. And Instagram officially doesn’t have any option to upload media(picture or video) directly from a PC either. But hang on actually there are a few ways which would allow you to upload media to your Instagram directly from PC using just your browser. Let’s find out how?
How to post on Instagram from Mac or PC?
Well, the trick goes like changing the “User Agent” – It is an agent which tells what kind of device you are using. We will modify the User Agent and force Instagram to open its mobile version on our PC so that we get the Plus button () to upload our media.
Post on Instagram from Apple Safari:
- Open Safari, then go to Safari Preferences from the menu bar
- In Safari Preferences, go to Advanced tab and enable “Show Develop menu in menu bar”.
- Now, go to www.instagram.com
- Go to the Develop menu in the menu bar > User Agent > iPhone or whatever you want
- After changing the User Agent, the page will automatically refresh and you will get the icon. Now you can upload whatever you want from your Mac.
Post on Instagram using Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome > go to www.instagram.com
- Right Click on the page > Select Inspect use shortcut Ctrl+Shift+I
- Then find the toggle device toolbar icon() from the Inspect window appearing at the top right and click on it to enable or use shortcut Ctrl+Shift+M
- Select any device from the device toolbar then refresh the page.
- Now the ‘‘ icon will appear and now you can upload your media.
Note: don’t exit the mode until you are done.
Post on Instagram using Mozilla Firefox:
Its same as the Google Chrome process
- Open Instagram > Right Click > Inspect Element
- Enable Responsive Desing Mode by clicking on () icon or use Ctrl+Shift+M
- Select a device from the Above Device toolbar > Reload the Page
- Now the ‘‘ button will appear. Upload your Media.
** Exit all windows and refresh the page to get back to the desktop version
Now you know that you can upload media to your Instagram from a Laptop or PC using your browser. Go share this post with your friends and let them know about it. And also a like and follow up on our page will be massively appreciated.
You May Also Like:
- ASUS ROG Phone: Too Much in One Phone [REVIEW]
- MSI refreshes its Entire Gaming Laptop Range with 9th-Gen Intel CPUs and more
- Xiaomi launched Redmi Y3 and Redmi 7 in India