Discord is a proprietary freeware VoIP application and digital distribution platform—designed initially for the video gaming community—that specializes in text, image, video and audio communication between users in a chat channel.
It is easy to use, and managing servers on Discord is also easy. Discord runs on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and in web browsers.
In order to change your Discord server, there are many options to add features. Discord allows users to add bots to their servers. So, if you want to add bots to a Discord server, you can.
- You will need a server if you don’t have a server, just create a new server.
- Otherwise, you should have the “Manage Server” permissions on the server that you are going to add a bot.
Related topics: 10 Useful Discord Bots to improve your server
How to create a Discord server?
1. First, of all, log into your discord account in a browser or app. Then click on “Add Server”.
2. Then a Dialog box will appear. Click on “Create Server”.
3. After that, a box will appear where you can add your Server Name, Image, and Server Region. And then click on “Create”.
4. Hurrah!!! Your server has now been created. Now you can add a Bot on your server for a better experience and also you can add the roles, channel etc you want on your server.
How to Add Bots to Your Discord Server?
To add bots on your Discord server is quite easy.
1. First, of all, you need to log into your Discord account in a browser or app. Then create a server following the above steps. Then select the bots you want to add on your server.
I am going to add the “MEE6 Bot” but it’s your choice which bot you want to add to your Discord server. You can check out the Discord Bots Website for your server or you can also check 10 useful Discord Bots to improve your server.
If you have selected the bot you want to add on your server, then follow the given steps below.
2. I have selected the MEE6 discord bot to add on my server, so I will goto ” MEE6 website“. And then click on “Add to server”.
If you are adding a bot from the Discord Bots website, then click on “Invite”.
3. After that, an authorization screen appears, asking to authorize it for your server.
4. After that “Please select a server” option will appear. Now select the server on which you want to add it.
5. Again an authorization screen appears, asking you to allow the permission you want to give to your bot on your server. After allowing the permissions, click on “Authorize“.
Once you do this, the bot will be added to your server, and you can see it on the sidebar of your server.
You may also like: