Hello, there have you ever encountered an error while downloading large files. Have you faced error after resuming your download? This generally occurs when the download link expires and you have to download the file all over again from the start. And you tried different download managers sometimes that doesn’t work either. So, what can you do? How can you download large files which do not support resume? Well, I have an easy solution to that problem. Read on to find that out.
Firstly, to download large files I will suggest you switch to a download manager, like IDM, IDA, etc. These download managers have features like, they let you update the download links, which in our case is the problem that the download link got expired so you are getting an error downloading. This generally occurs while downloading files from Google drive and other platforms whose links expire after some time.
To fix this problem, we have to get the new link and update the older link so that our download restarts right from the point you paused earlier.
How to Download large files with no resume support?
Follow the below-mentioned steps –
1. First, Open browser > Goto the file you want to download.
2. Start downloading the file. Once it starts to pause it.
3. Goto the browser downloads section. Right Click it > Copy download link.
Now, that you have the new valid download link. Next step is to update the download link in your download manager.
4. Open IDM or other download managers you use.
5. In case of IDM. Locate the file > Right Click it > Select Properties.
6. Locate Address option > Paste the download link you copied earlier.
7. And then, Restart download.
That’s it, your download will start after that without any error.
Note: If you use different download managers. The procedure is similar like in IDM.
I hope you understand the process and using it. If you liked the tutorial a Like and Share would be massively appreciated. If you a have a question comment down below. We’ll try to answer it as soon as possible.
You May Also Like: