Google added the support for the Music playback Controls in Google Maps app with a recent update (version 10.43.2). Due to which users can access, manage, and play music on the platform within Google Maps without leaving their navigation screen.
Now, the built-in media playback controls in Google Maps has been existing for a long time now. The feature supports music streaming platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Play Music, and now YouTube Music also.
Google has been focusing a lot on YouTube Music recently as the company aims to phase out Play Music. YouTube Music introducing new features like live lyrics support, a new “Now Playing” screen, subscriptions tab, and more for YouTube Music.
How to Add Music Playback Controls in Google Maps?
To add music playback controls in Google Maps, all you need to do is:
- Open Google maps.
- Tap on your Profile on the right top corner.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Navigation settings.
- Now check if Show media playback controls are ON or OFF. If OFF, then turn it ON.
- Now select the Default Media App from the selection box. Choose the music player you want to set as default.
After your confirmation, your default media player will be set in Google maps. And then you will find the Music player icon on the right of your screen whenever you start a trip.
- You can tap the icon to start listening to your last songs. You will also get a Browse button that opens up a grid of songs from which you can choose your preferred one. And you can also switch between other music players.
Comment down below which music player are you using as your default media player in Google maps.